If you’ve been thinking about starting your journey into real estate wholesaling, one of the first positions you’ve likely considered filling is a dispositions representative. Someone who can create buyer’s lists, work with your acquisitions team, and keep wholesale business rolling smoothly and seamlessly. But, finding a strong dispositions rep can be a tricky task if you’re not sure who would enjoy and excel at the position.
On today’s episode, Don’s dispositions rep, Justin joins us on the show to discuss what it’s like to work in dispositions. We discuss the key qualities and personality traits you should look for to ensure who you hire to fill the position is a good fit for the role, the roles and responsibilities of a dispositions rep, and the criteria that a property should meet to determine if it’s appropriate to wholesale or rehab the property. We also discuss the common fears that many property flippers face when branching into real estate wholesaling and why it’s critical that your dispositions rep understands the buyer’s criteria when negotiating deals.
“When you’re looking at wholesale and your dispositions guy, you don’t want somebody who is timid.” – Don Costa
This Week on FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook:
- The importance of having a dispositions rep as a real estate wholesaler.
- Key qualities and personality traits that make a great dispositions rep.
- The difference between an acquisitions role and a dispositions role.
- Common fears regarding wholesaling consistently.
- The criteria they look for when determining whether to flip a property or wholesale it.
- How wholesaling can open new doors of opportunity for real estate rehabbers.
- The roles and responsibilities of a dispositions rep.
- The importance of a dispositions rep understanding the buyer’s criteria.
- How to build a buyer’s list.
- How to identify who your competition is selling to.
- The importance of providing an asking price when negotiating wholesale deals.
- What information you should provide to a wholesale buyer.
- Do the work.
- Find an aggressive dispositions rep.
- Understand your buyer’s criteria.
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.