Welcome to FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook podcast – the show dedicated to helping new real estate investors learn the step-by-step process of building a successful business as an investor. Each week, your hosts Don Costa and Ryan Scialabba share real-world experience, insight, tips, and strategies to help you learn the necessary steps to start, build, and grow your real estate business. Don and Ryan break down the tasks new real estate investors need to accomplish each week in order to learn about their markets and overcome various obstacles to build a successful business.
On this week’s episode, Don and Ryan break down what new real estate investors should focus on during their first week in business. They discuss why they believe starting in wholesale is the best way for many new investors and mistakes many new investors make when building a team. They also discuss the importance of gaining MLS access, overcoming mindset challenges, and the importance of networking with others in the real estate industry to grow your network and learn about your market.
“It’s like building a foundation on a building. It takes a little bit of work.” – Don Costa
This Week on FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook:
- What it means to “know your market”
- The importance of building your network early in your business
- Benefits and risks of getting advice and opinions from market experts
- The importance of time-blocking tasks
- The importance of attending events and connecting with big buyers
- Why building a “power team” is important
- Mistakes many investors make when building a “power team”
- The ideal person to contact when working with title companies
- Overcoming fears and mindset challenges
- The importance of learning from mistakes
- Learn your market.
- Build your network.
- Create a list of upcoming meetups and events you can attend over the next month and attend as many as you can.
- Know your value and that you are worthy if you are willing to put the work in.
- Learn from your mistakes. Brush yourself off and keep going. Have a growth mindset.
Subscribe, Rate, & Review FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of FlipTalk’s Rookie PlayBook, the podcast teaching new real estate investors how to build a successful real estate business. If you enjoyed this week’s episode, head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave your honest review.
Don’t forget to share each episode on your favorite social media sites to help other new investors learn what it takes to build a successful real estate business.