Five weeks in and not only do you have a grasp of the basics and some advanced strategies, but you’ve also expanded your network and learned many ways you can market yourself and generate leads. You know some cool tricks, especially ones that involve software, but what if you’re short on cash to afford those? In that case, there’s one tried and tested marketing strategy that might just save you: door-knocking.
Today, Don and Ryan discuss door-knocking, one of the oldest marketing tricks in the book, if not the first. They each share their reasons why door-knocking is effective, what it was like when they did it for the first time, and why they’re still doing it now. They also describe some of the misconceptions about door-knocking and give their tips on how to increase your success.
“The people who consistently market win day in and day out.” – Ryan Scialabba
This Week on FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book:
- What makes door-knocking an effective way to market yourself?
- What’s a Notice of Default list?
- Should you connect with homeowners early on, in pre-foreclosure, or when they have a couple of weeks left?
- The misconceptions about door-knocking.
- What you can do to overcome door-knocking anxiety.
- Ways to increase door-knocking success.
- Your goal in door-knocking is for them to understand your criteria and to get their permission to follow up.
- If you’ve built enough rapport, they’ll tell you their problems.
Connect with Don and Ryan
- Don’s email: email@example.com
- Ryan’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.