Leon Goner is the President of Professional Home Buyers, a business that seeks to provide real estate services to both buyers and sellers needing services other companies don’t have. His responsibilities include overseeing the departments of the organization as well as developing, leading, and systematizing each one. Leon didn’t have any real-world experience in real estate aside from selling his own house, but Founder and CEO Tony Javier saw potential in his ten years’ as a salesman and someone who has experience working with a lot of people.
Today, Leon shares his wisdom on what it means to get the right people for the right job. He shares his story and how he and Tony met and end up working together and the qualifications that made him the perfect choice. He discusses some of their company’s work processes which include hiring, marketing, and agent compensation. Leon also explains the importance of the follow-up and why being persistent is a good trait in this industry.
“If you’re looking for someone in a role, there’s always someone selling you something that may be the perfect fit over time.’” – Leon Goner
On Today’s Episode of Flip Talk:
- How being patient can lead to success in the business of real estate.
- The importance of the follow-up and what it can potentially lead to.
- How he became the president of the company without having real estate experience.
- How they decide when to hire someone for a role.
- What’s the workflow and who does it?
- The kind of marketing they do that works well for them
- How TV ads have worked for them so far.
- His two requirements in hiring an acquisitions person.
Leon’s Tips for Getting into Real Estate Investing:
- The fortune is in the follow-up.
- A large portion of our business comes from networking.
- Letting people know what you do can sometimes be enough marketing to get started.
Reach Out to Leon Goner:
Rate, Review, Learn, and Share
Join us every Wednesday for a brand-new episode of the Flip Talk podcast. Flip Talk is your show to learn all about the ins, outs, and in-betweens on real estate investing and house flipping. Email your questions to Topics [at] FlipTalk [dot] com. Subscribe to the show and share your thoughts by leaving us a review on iTunes, Facebook, or visit our website.